Netflix has been amazing us with each new original series they release, with whole seasons available at once instead of waiting for weeks and weeks to get to the end of a show. This helps encourage what the world has started to call Netflix Binge-Watching. You sit, snack, and marathon as many episodes at a time, in a row, as you can. The best candidates for these marathons are suspenseful shows full of drama, intrigue, and mystery to keep you entertained and captivated for literally hours. As YouTube and Hulu are hopping on the bandwagon of releasing original shows that require a membership, Netflix has mastered this a long time ago and has given us plenty of amazing series to snuggle in and binge-watch. Some old, some new, and some are just to help you get ready for season 2 which is coming soon! Chill your whiskey, grab a snack, and settle in for the best of Netflix Originals.
- House of Cards. This has been a Netflix favorite since 2013 when it debuted, and season 5 is coming to us on May 30th! Now is the perfect time to catch up and prepare yourself for the ups and downs of the DC-based political drama.
- 13 Reasons Why. A darker show with only one season, aired on April 1st, 2017. It revolves around the suicide of a young teenage girl and the events leading up to. It’s full of everything that makes an appealing teen drama but packs a powerful punch with a meaningful message and an intense insight to what a modern teenage girl struggles with.
- Stranger Things. Season 2 is planned to hit us with another crazy few hours on August 31st, so make sure you’re caught up on everything that season 1 included! This sci-fi drama is an adaptation from an older flick and includes mystery, very light horror, and mystical elements as you follow the lives of a young group of friends hoping to save their lost buddy.
- Orange is the New Black. Even if you haven’t watched it personally, you’ve probably heard of the hit drama featuring a women’s prison, and it’s inhabitants. After an utterly heart-breaking ending to season 4, we are all nervous for June 9th, when the newest season hits Netflix. You’d better believe we are all tuning in though, so hurry and catch up before you miss it!
- Any Marvel Show. From Jessica Jones to Daredevil, from Iron Fist to Luke Cage, Netflix has grown insanely popular for their Marvel shows featuring our favorite characters. New characters are getting titles to their own in 2017, so make sure you’re up to date with the allies and enemies by binge-watching everything with that Marvel logo.
- The Ranch. Light-hearted fun with a few familiar faces from the shows our past make The Ranch a fun show to binge-watch, especially with some friends and a few beers! Season 2 will be blessing us with more hours of laughs on June 16th!